In order for Truckit to remain a safe, fair and simple platform for customers to obtain freight quotes and for providers to secure more jobs. All providers must follow the Truckit rules whenever placing a quote or sending a message. Quotes and Messages that contravene the rules will be flagged and removed. Repeat breaches of the rules by Providers will result in suspension of your account.
All messages that are sent prior to a customer accepting your quote are in the Public Domain and hence must follow the below rules to maintain the safety, security and integrity of the platform. Once a customer accepts your quote, a separate private message area will become available, where these rules do not apply, however private messages are still monitored for safety and dispute purposes.
1. Messages must not include or request personal or business contact details
Including but not limited to:
- Phone numbers
- Email Addresses
- Full residential address (Suburbs are OK)
- Company names
- Personal names
- Web addresses
- Fax numbers
- Facebook or other social media profiles
2. Messages instructing or suggesting to take negotiations offsite prior to a quote being accepted are strictly prohibited and will be treated seriously
Once a customer has accepted a provider's quote, a private messaging area will appear, we recommend using this system to maintain a record of all correspondence.
3. Messages should only relate to the job or quote and not be general discussion
Truckit is a freight marketplace not a freight forum, so it is important that all messages remain relevant to the job/quote.
Any message that does not directly:
- Ask a question about the job or;
- Answer a users question about your quote
Will be deemed 'general discussion' and may be removed
4. Messages that are of a abusive, threatening, discriminatory, harassing or defamatory nature are STRICTLY prohibited and will be dealt with accordingly
5. Interfering in the Quoting and Messaging process
Providers shall not interfere in the quoting or messaging of other providers. Providers should only comment on their own quote(s) and should not comment on anything to do with another Provider, including but not limited to other Provider(s) quotes, service level, service type, method of transport or qualifications.
1. Quotes placed must be all inclusive.
All quote amounts must include:
- GST (if your business is GST registered)
- Truckit deposit fee
- Any other business costs
John placed a quote with the total amount being $250 but in his quote terms states "$250 plus GST and Truckit fees"
This quote would be against the quoting rules and would be flagged and removed.
2. Quotes cannot be hourly or unit based
If the listing is not clear on the quantity of items, or the time involved in completing a job, please clarify with the customer using the messaging function, or make an estimate. Do not quote per unit or hour.
Quote terms of "$50 per pallet" or "$35 per hour" would be against quoting rules and would be removed.
3. Each provider only has 3 attempts to quote on any given listing
For the avoidance of doubt, only 'Active' and 'Withdrawn' quotes will be counted as part of your 3 possible quote attempts. All "Expired" or "Declined" (due to an edit of the listing or otherwise) quotes will not be counted. This means providers are not disadvantaged when placing quotes then having their quote declined due to an edit of the listing.
4. Lowball quotes or attempts to negotiate offsite will be removed and treated seriously
Where Truckit, at its sole discretion, deems a quote placed is significantly lower than a reasonable market value, it will be removed.
The same will occur when a provider instructs or cooperates with a customer to accept a quote amount to take negotiations about the job offsite.
5. Using multiple accounts to quote against yourself is STRICTLY prohibited and will be dealt with accordingly